Location: Marbella, Spain
In RavenPack we are searching for a Cloud-experienced System Administrator (SysAdmin) to join RavenPack’s Operations Team.
Join RavenPack and help us manage knowledge extracted from hundred of thousands of documents each day, all in real time. You will load large datasets, design and maintain schemas, and help to optimize queries to help maintain our 99.99% uptime across a multi-terabyte system
As a Cloud System Administrator (SysAdmin) you will be reporting directly to the Cloud Computing Manager and will interact with an international team of developers skilled in SQL, Python, Java, Common Lisp and Cloud technologies.
The ability to communicate effectively in English both in writing and verbally is a must. Knowledge of Spanish is not a business requirement. European Union legal working status is required. Competitive compensation and a fun working environment. Relocation assistance available, but working remotely is not possible for this position.
Responsibilities of a Cloud System Administrator (SysAdmin):
You will be in charge of developing and maintaining cutting-edge cloud infrastructure solutions to provide support to the company’s services. Building, monitoring and provisioning software, automating infrastructure changes on the cloud will be part of your daily tasks.
We are looking for a cross-functional System Administrator who will be in charge of:
- Continuously improving solutions based on clients needs.
- Troubleshooting any issue related to operating systems and servers.
- Providing support to the different company departments.
- Staying up to date with the latest trends and proposing new solutions adapted to each situation.
- On-call rotation shifts will be one of your responsibilities.
- +2 years of professional experience as Linux Sys Admin.
- +2 years of professional experience with a Cloud platform (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Demonstrable skills with scripting languages (Python, Bash) or equivalent technologies.
- Demonstrable knowledge of network design and troubleshooting.
It would be desirable that you have prior experience with:
- Cloud and BigData technologies (Hadoop, Spark, ElasticSearch…).
- Database Administration (relational and NoSQL).
- Infrastructure as code technologies (AWS Cloudformation, Terraform…).
- Automation/provision tools (Chef, Ansible…).
- Container technologies (Docker, Rocket…).